Attention all artists! Due to Aranx focusing on school & Tomix being promoted to DragonFable’s lead artist, the art department of AQW is a bit short on people.
If you have these requirements, keep on reading:
- Experienced Item artists and animators.
- Experienced/Talented/Skilled Background / Environment Artists.
- Artists who can mimic the AQW style.
- Artists who have experience with Adobe Flash.
Make sure your AQW history is clean, or that can reduce your chances of getting the job. They are looking for mature & responsible people.
If you would like to volunteer, here’s what you need to do:
1. Send an e-mail to AQWARTISTS@BATTLEON.COM with the subject line AQW ARTIST APPLICATION
If your e-mails subject line says anything except AQW ARTIST APPLICATION then the filters will automatically delete it. Reading comprehension is good.
2. Include your real name, age (18 minimum), and country of residence.
3. Include your AQW Game account name and email address
4. Include your Master Account name and email address tied to the master account.
5. Include your Forum account name and email address if you have a forum account.
6. Include all Languages you speak/read.
7. Include a Resume (C.V.) *please note we’d like the resume in English.
8. Include links to your online art portfolio or attach examples of your art. (Please note that art will be checked for plagiarism.)
9. Link or attach your animation reel if you have one.
Remember you have to fill out the application completely and to be 18 years old to be considered. You will be contacted by email if you have been chosen for a further interview.
Even though this is an unpaid, volunteer position, it comes with the benefits of Dev status, Free Memberships & AdventureCoins, testing items in-game, and experience that will look good on future resumes.
Two new rare shops are live this Wednesday (today!) in Battleon! Balboa has some new battle pets trained to fight with you when using classes such as the Necromancer. Each time Balboa updates his shop, one of the AC pets goes rare permanently. This week, the Fightin’ Frogzard, pictured below with Alina, goes rare for this shop. Battle pets are a member only perk, so naturally, all pets in this shop are member only.
But wait, every hero and his trusty sidekick needs a home! J6 is offering 3 new houses, 1 member only and 2 that costs ACs (1000 ACs, to be exact). Head down to Battleon to get some huge houses based off some Temple maps across Lore!
And don’t forget, J6′s wedding event comes on Friday, with a new house being brought in as well!
The in-game wedding event for J6 and Cinazul starts this Friday! A week ago, Artix flew to Montreal, Canada to attend their REAL wedding, but since we couldn’t make it, the in-game event is set for next release. Cysero’s written up an epic event, so be sure to come and celebrate!
Rare Event Items:
- Silver Eternal Flame
- J6 Wedding Cake Helm
- Honeymoon Hyperium House
- And more!
J6 has also been making some houses for you to party in! There will be house versions of the Temple of Hope and Cleric Temple.
Meet Balboa, trainer of pets to make them fight alongside the heroes of Lore! This Wednesday or Thursday, he’ll set up shop in Battleon and offer you some companions to fight with! Samba will be giving more information on what to expect from the shop tomorrow!
Head over to AQWorlds now because guilds are now available! If you’re a Member, you can create a guild, free of charge, by typing in /gc <guild name> in the chatbox. Non-members are now able to join guilds as well, so be sure to join one!
Once that’s done, head over to J6 in /Battleon, he has some quests for you and your guild! You’ll have to team up if you want to complete his Bounty Quests, and you’ll be able to get some awesome items as a reward!
And don’t forget that the 4th Upholder is coming! You’ve already qualified if your upgrade lasts on or after November 1st! You can also qualify by upgrading for a minimum of 3 months during the month of October!
Finally, Guilds are being released! Tomorrow, log into AQ.com and go to the PTR server and start your own guild! Remember, you have to be a member to start your own Guild, even when Guilds are fully released.
For anyone wondering about the Lag PTR testing reward, the “Lag Flame Pet” will be released tomorrow for all who helped.
Here is some crucial information you will need to know for tomorrow:
- Guilds will have 15 member slots to start with.
- On Friday, Guild leaders will be able to buy additional member slots for 200 ACs each.
- The maximum number of Guild members will be 50.
- Guild commands (listed below) will ONLY work on the PTR server until Friday, but you can run around on all the servers showing off your Guild name!
- Future Guild content (like Guild Halls/Towns) will come out in Phase 2!
The guild commands are as follows:
- /gc name, is create guild
- /gi name, is invite
- /gr name is remove
- /gp name is promote
- /gd name is demote
- /g triggers guild chat
- /guild will bring up the list of guild members and what server they’re on (coming soon!)
- /motd alone is the guild message of the day
- /motd some message, sets a new one if you have enough rank to use that command
Guild rankings work as follows:
- Rank 3: Guild Leader
- Rank 2: Guild Officer (Most of the privileges of the GL, can’t kick GL)
- Rank 1: Guild Member
- Rank 0: Guild Duffer (Revokes Guild Chat, player still a Guild Member)
Please read the following message:
“Here’s what’s going on in all the games! I’ll be playing them all, but the question is which game to log into first – should I take down the final Vault door in ED, help a pirate princess get her treasure in DF, inspect a strange door in a cave in MQ, investigate the mysterious activity in AQ classic, or play through simulations of AQ, DF, and MQ to see the Chaos Lord’s big reveal in AQW???” -Kiara
Now for the game Update.
It’s time for Chaos! Return to The Span in AQWorlds this weekend to visit a city of half-remembered faces and monsters that seem familiar, but aren’t. The golems there tell stories of a mysterious Master and hint at the dark plans he has for you. But just how dark ARE they? Adventure through simulations of AdventureQuest, DragonFable, and MechQuest as the clock counts down to the Chaos Lord’s big
There are also 3 new war rewards for Dage the Evil’s loyal followers AND 3 new rewards for Nulgath’s warriors in the /evilwar map!
Get Ready to Game On!
If you live in the United States, head over to a GameStop location and pick up an Artix Upgrade Card. Unlock the fiery FlameStop Blade and Artix Points to purchase AQWorlds Membership or Adventure Coins!
To redeem your FlameStop Blade, simply go to this page and follow the instructions that are mentioned there. Once you have done this, log into AQWorlds and go to the Book of Lore to find the FlameStop shop!
The non-member Pyromancer Class is coming out this Friday! You must complete the Xan storyline (/join volcano, /join xantown, /join xancave) in order to start earning this class (It will require 84 Shurpu Blaze Tokens) or you can buy it from Itzachi for 2,000 AC as usual.
Pyromancer Class, with the Pyromancer Mask (Member Only, 21 Shurpu Blaze Tokens)
There will be a Pyromancer Shop from Warlic, which will be selling the class & items like Pyromancer Mask, Emblazoned Pyromancer Armor & more!
Emblazoned Pyromancer Armor! (500 AC) with the Emblazoned Mask (150 AC)
If you want to look like Xan, it’s your lucky day. The shop will also be selling his armor AND helm.
Xan’s Robes (600 AC) with Xan’s Flaming Skull (Member Only, 42 Shurpu Blaze Tokens)
Here is info about the Shurpu Blaze Tokens:
Once you complete the Xan Storyline, speak to Warlic in the Shurpu Library. He will have some daily quests that will reward you with Shurpu Blaze Tokens when you complete them. Non-members can earn up to 14 a week but there is a special Member version of the quest that will reward Members with up to 21 Tokens per week.
MEMBERS: You will only be able to do ONE of the quests per day. MAKE SURE YOU DO THE MEMBER VERSION!
Announced LIVE in a puppet show?!
Thanks to whoever reminded Artix of his tweet about announcing AQ3D’s name in a puppet show! The sewing machines will be coming out in between running a booth in the MetroCon convention… for possibly the most embarrassing idea in AE History! Join in the fun next Thursday (possibly) for some puppet naming chaos live on AQWorlds. Questions will be answered about the game as well as an update on the alpha testing, which AQWorlds Members are invited to participate in.
- This Friday – Release Day, all games get an update!
- This Weekend – MetroCon at Tampa, FL. Meet the team in person on Saturday, 8PM!
- Next Wednesday – Reddit “Ask Us Anything” – 6PM Eastern
- Next Thursday – LIVE Puppet Show on AQW – 6PM Eastern?
- Next Weekend – Chairman Platinum will be on the American Ninja TV Show, more information coming soon!
The 3rd episode of the Xan story will be beginning later today (so you best catch up on any story line you missed!) with plenty of gear from Samba, Dage, Aranx and others.
Quick list of twitpic previews for the upcoming event:
Alchemy Trade Skills
The much anticipated alchemy trade skills will be arriving in a server near you today.
Now just this picture had me scratching my head and according to Alaina it’s pretty darn complicated. Remember Warlic’s store in AQ? Now think that but much more complicated with a lot more possible outcomes I wont be surprised if there are a lot of green face players tonight. There will be a lot of temperature control and random guessing to figure out what makes what, all with a very nice reward shops for those who can figure out what on earth to do!
Also don’t forget quibble leaves Monday so buy your investment trinkets quick!