Attention all artists! Due to Aranx focusing on school & Tomix being promoted to DragonFable’s lead artist, the art department of AQW is a bit short on people.
If you have these requirements, keep on reading:
- Experienced Item artists and animators.
- Experienced/Talented/Skilled Background / Environment Artists.
- Artists who can mimic the AQW style.
- Artists who have experience with Adobe Flash.
Make sure your AQW history is clean, or that can reduce your chances of getting the job. They are looking for mature & responsible people.
If you would like to volunteer, here’s what you need to do:
1. Send an e-mail to AQWARTISTS@BATTLEON.COM with the subject line AQW ARTIST APPLICATION
If your e-mails subject line says anything except AQW ARTIST APPLICATION then the filters will automatically delete it. Reading comprehension is good.
2. Include your real name, age (18 minimum), and country of residence.
3. Include your AQW Game account name and email address
4. Include your Master Account name and email address tied to the master account.
5. Include your Forum account name and email address if you have a forum account.
6. Include all Languages you speak/read.
7. Include a Resume (C.V.) *please note we’d like the resume in English.
8. Include links to your online art portfolio or attach examples of your art. (Please note that art will be checked for plagiarism.)
9. Link or attach your animation reel if you have one.
Remember you have to fill out the application completely and to be 18 years old to be considered. You will be contacted by email if you have been chosen for a further interview.
Even though this is an unpaid, volunteer position, it comes with the benefits of Dev status, Free Memberships & AdventureCoins, testing items in-game, and experience that will look good on future resumes.
Finally, Guilds are being released! Tomorrow, log into AQ.com and go to the PTR server and start your own guild! Remember, you have to be a member to start your own Guild, even when Guilds are fully released.
For anyone wondering about the Lag PTR testing reward, the “Lag Flame Pet” will be released tomorrow for all who helped.
Here is some crucial information you will need to know for tomorrow:
- Guilds will have 15 member slots to start with.
- On Friday, Guild leaders will be able to buy additional member slots for 200 ACs each.
- The maximum number of Guild members will be 50.
- Guild commands (listed below) will ONLY work on the PTR server until Friday, but you can run around on all the servers showing off your Guild name!
- Future Guild content (like Guild Halls/Towns) will come out in Phase 2!
The guild commands are as follows:
- /gc name, is create guild
- /gi name, is invite
- /gr name is remove
- /gp name is promote
- /gd name is demote
- /g triggers guild chat
- /guild will bring up the list of guild members and what server they’re on (coming soon!)
- /motd alone is the guild message of the day
- /motd some message, sets a new one if you have enough rank to use that command
Guild rankings work as follows:
- Rank 3: Guild Leader
- Rank 2: Guild Officer (Most of the privileges of the GL, can’t kick GL)
- Rank 1: Guild Member
- Rank 0: Guild Duffer (Revokes Guild Chat, player still a Guild Member)
You can come test Oversoul (http://devsoul.artix.com/test/Oversoul-bin/).
You will need a Master Account, and have upgraded in an AE game.
Note: As of August 30th, there will be no more Stress Tests. Public Alpha will be coming soon. (Likely around next week)
This August, we have a new game card promo.
If you buy an Upgrade Card from Target, you’ll get the Bullseye Spear, made by Tomix! (It’s a scythe)
You can get it by redeeming it using your master account. You’ll get the Level 10 version, but it’s upgradable by talking to the Black Market Moglin in FalconReach to Levels 30, 50 & 70.
If you can’t get to Target, never fear! You can buy any of the 4 in Cysero’s Superstore of Savings for 2000 DragonCoins. Be warned, these versions are not upgradable.
Enjoy a video of the AQ3D first flash beta test.
The team is rushing to complete the pieces of the next test of AQ3D: Legend of Lore. They only have a few things left to do!
Here we have a preview of the Mage Shop. As you can tell, there are some pretty good items in the shop.
This week, we have the Female previews from Tomix of the upcoming Pyromancer Class.
So which style do you prefer?
Also, the Escelense Set is now available from the Professor at the War of Wargoth camp, and you now have the option of merging 50 Defender Medals into 1 Ateala Armament.
You might not want to spend all of your Defender Medals, as the quest that unlocks when we hit 50% will have a better chance of droppng the armaments.
This week, Tomix has made some previews on the upcoming Pyromancer Class! (Dragonfable Style) :p
This picture also has some previews of upcoming fiery haircuts! Both Male and Female characters will have around 10 styles to choose from.
The non-member Pyromancer Class is coming out this Friday! You must complete the Xan storyline (/join volcano, /join xantown, /join xancave) in order to start earning this class (It will require 84 Shurpu Blaze Tokens) or you can buy it from Itzachi for 2,000 AC as usual.
Pyromancer Class, with the Pyromancer Mask (Member Only, 21 Shurpu Blaze Tokens)
There will be a Pyromancer Shop from Warlic, which will be selling the class & items like Pyromancer Mask, Emblazoned Pyromancer Armor & more!
Emblazoned Pyromancer Armor! (500 AC) with the Emblazoned Mask (150 AC)
If you want to look like Xan, it’s your lucky day. The shop will also be selling his armor AND helm.
Xan’s Robes (600 AC) with Xan’s Flaming Skull (Member Only, 42 Shurpu Blaze Tokens)
Here is info about the Shurpu Blaze Tokens:
Once you complete the Xan Storyline, speak to Warlic in the Shurpu Library. He will have some daily quests that will reward you with Shurpu Blaze Tokens when you complete them. Non-members can earn up to 14 a week but there is a special Member version of the quest that will reward Members with up to 21 Tokens per week.
MEMBERS: You will only be able to do ONE of the quests per day. MAKE SURE YOU DO THE MEMBER VERSION!
3 little notes for you today:
- Warlic and Alexander, as we all know, do not like each other & have started a rivalry. This week, Warlic is going to push Alexander too far.
- Also, it’s Dragonfable’s Birthday this weekend and it’s turning 6! The staff won’t tell us what gift their giving us this year, so we will have to wait and see.
- Come check out the set Dracelix made, in honor of Lady Celestia. You will find it in the chest next to her statue in the Guardian Tower.